Melbourne Hair Transplant Clinic (part of Paras Clinic) is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss. We provide the highest standard of care in the field of hair replacement and hair transplantation with the latest advancements and technology available. Melbourne Hair Transplant Clinic utilise a "No-Scalpel, No Suture" technique called Follicular Unit Extraction and Implantation. This procedure involves meticulous "one-by-one" removal of healthy hairs ("Follicular Units") from the back of the scalp, followed by implantation into the balding areas. There is a strong emphasis on graft survival, which is maximised by reduced handling of follicles, less time out of the scalp, and careful implantation.
What areas can FUE Hair Transplant restore?
- Male pattern hair loss
- Hair loss in women
- Covering scars, bald patches, etc
- Creating density in facial hair; beards and moustaches
- Eyebrow transplant
How does FUE Hair Transplant work?
Melbourne Hair Transplant Clinic's modified form of FUE hair transplant involves the use of a series of specifically designed instruments to individually remove clusters of hair follicles referred to as Follicular Units. These follicular units exist in families of one, two, three or four hairs. Once removed from the back and side of the scalp, they are carefully and strategically placed in balding areas with the right angle and direction of curl, so as to create the most natural look when they grow. Melbourne Hair Transplant Clinic's method aims to maximize the available donor area for harvesting. In addition, use of High Magnifying loops gives the operator the opportunity to be selective about which Follicular Units to extract for grafting.
Advantages of FUE Over Strip Harvesting (FUT/FUG)?
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is less invasive than other hair transplant techniques
- It does not leave an unsightly, tell-tale linear scar of strip harvesting
- There is a faster and less painful recovery
- The transection rate is very low in experienced hands
- Maximizes donor hair for harvesting
- FUE scars are virtually undetectable
- Patients can wear their hair short
- FUE can be performed even when the scalp is too tight for strip harvesting